May 13, 2008 § Leave a comment

M&Ms of Jargon #1: GATEFOLD

Has extra panels that fold into the central spine of the publication with parallel fold so that they meet in the middle of the page.

The extended pages are folded and cut shorter than the standard publication pages to that they can nest correctly

[commonly used in]
Pull-out posters in magazines, large-scale illustrations/photographs/graphics in books

[suggested usage of word]
” He stood close behind her and gatefolded his hands over her bosom, causing Miss Fairweather to swoon promptly, as any modest maiden should.”

source: FORMAT by Ambrose/Harris
borrowed it from the boss (Quentin Berryman)!


Tagged: , ,

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

What’s this?

You are currently reading GATEFOLD at inthespace.


%d bloggers like this: