[videos] KYTV: P.O.P :: Singapore
July 17, 2009 § 1 Comment
The troops rallied on 6th June, and it was a good, fine day at the esplanade doing KYTV:P.O.P nonsense. Our singing more or less sucked, our dancing – some, at least – drew inspiration from the Great Singapore Workout (so you can imagine how that went), but the making of it was INCREDIBLY fun.
It was a ball of a time prancing around in weird-ass costumes and lip-syncing to the recording. I laughed so hard during the whole process I think I developed abs.
How it worked:
- Choose your POPstar name
- Pick the original song for your solo/duet/group: Angry Song, Love Duet, Obscure Song, Happy Song…
- Learn your song via the separate tellies & headphones set up for each song (we never really made it..heh)
- Record your song in the studio.
- Head over to the makeup/dress up station to muck around with the nice people
- Wait for your turn to shoot your MTV against a green screen
- Say “thank you”!
- Sober up over the next few days and cringe over your video when it appears
So thanks to shal, nab, erfen, jonny, chris g, juliane, su & jie for coming down.. not to mention the bishy-bashy and bowling session that happened later. Oh yes, and the NOBODY by wonder girls impromptu cover we did.
(L-R) erfen, me, shal, jonny, nab, juliane
And here are the videos:
J. the Wicked-Witch-from-the East-who-had-to -settle-for-purple-sequins-because-it’s-the-recession-and-black-cloth-was-expensive & the Great Singapore Workout back-up dancers
Angsty boys : Ch(Tr)is G. & E.Dilly Daddy
Still angsty: schoolmates indra, terrix & helen
schoolmates: raphael & mike
Weird rooster-disco girl S. & SuperPinkBather N.
Happy Spankers, Lime-light Grabbers